tar xvf /opt/metricbeat.tar.gz -C /opt/metricbeat --strip-components=1
If the tar-file already contains a directory, you have to add –strip-components=1. Otherwise the directory contained in the tar files is created. Also mind that the directory used for -C has to exist beforehand.
Remove all unused images
docker images –no-trunc | grep ‚
Remove all activate containers:
docker rm $(docker ps -a -q -f status=exited) docker stop $(docker ps -a -q) docker rm $(docker ps -a -q)
I had problems to call
npm install --no-bin-links on a project directory on Windows 7, as I forgot that it resided on some mounted network share. After moving the directory to the local harddisk it worked fine.
See the following links:
Based on that perform the following steps, if you cannot use the Windows installer provided by nodejs.org
- Download node.js from https://nodejs.org/en/download
- Put it in a separate folder and add the folder to your „path“ environment variable. Shortcut: CMD+R and enter:
rundll32 sysdm.cpl,EditEnvironmentVariablesOpen a new command window (CMD+R) and type
node -v. This should show the current version.
- Download npm from github. https://github.com/npm/npm
- Extract the zip folder and put it into your node.js folder
- For convenience put the npm.cmd aside to the node.exe
- Add the npm-folder to the path env variable (see step 3)
- Edit the npm.cmd file and change the following line
SET "NPM_CLI_JS=%~dp0\npm\bin\npm-cli.js"to match the path to bin\npm-cli.js. Mind: %~dp0 expands to the path where npm.cmd resides
npm -vto verify the installation
- In case your behind a proxy set the npm proxy by
npm config set proxy http://user:pwd@proxy-server:port
It is no problem to use an Apple Bluetooth Magic Keyboard with a Mac and an Windows computer. The following steps should be taken into account:
1. If the Magic Keyboard was first paired with the Mac, you have to unpair it before you pair it with Windows computer.
2. Afterwards pair the keyboard again with your Mac.
3. Obviously 🙂 Disable Bluetooth on the computer you’re not using. if you’re using them side by side.
How to query a „regular“ databases (DB2 in this example) via JDBC in Apache Spark 2.0.
Where „this.options“ is filled like
Important to notice is to wrap
sql_statement like this:
(select * from table) as tmp_table
because Spark converts this to
select * from (select * from table) as tmp_table
Using the select without brackets does not work.
There’s a new note taking app around the the corner: Buno
The most interesting features are
- end-2-end encryption
- a very stylish, minimalistic design
Up to now, only an iOS and an Android app is available. As soon as there is a web client or a native Mac app available, I’ll definitely give it a shot, even though I’m a loyal Evernote user since 2008.
I had issues with partially installed packages on my Ubuntu 15.04. This helped
sudo rm -rf /var/lib/dpkg/updates/*
sudo rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/*
sudo rm /var/cache/apt/*.bin
sudo apt-get clean
sudo apt-get autoremove
sudo apt-get update
sudo dpkg --configure -a